Point Descriptions Not Listed Fully

Moderator: Carlson Support

Point Descriptions Not Listed Fully

Postby nicolesnow6 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:40 pm

So I have been having the issue that when i bring my .csv of the points we located in the field into Carlson that it is shortening my point descriptions and cannot fix it currently. There is some disconnect when importing the points, or at least that's what i think currently. Its listed appropriately in the csv but when brought into carlson its shortened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nicolesnow6

Re: Point Descriptions Not Listed Fully

Postby gskelhorn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:40 pm

nicolesnow6 wrote:So I have been having the issue that when i bring my .csv of the points we located in the field into Carlson that it is shortening my point descriptions and cannot fix it currently. There is some disconnect when importing the points, or at least that's what i think currently. Its listed appropriately in the csv but when brought into carlson its shortened.

I will take a stab at it...

If I understand correctly you have a CSV file with a point that has description "SAWED OFF UPOLE RMNS" which has the description truncated when imported into the coordinate file.

What type / format of coordinate file are you using? I know the C&G CRD file format has a fixed description length.

The Coordinate File Utilities will show the current coordinate file and format:
img1.png

The C&G point manager (command cg_pt_mngr) will display the file format, description length and allows you to change the description length.
img2.png

Another possibility that could case the description to be truncated is if you have a fixed format configured for the Text File Import
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gskelhorn

Return to Survey