Intellicad Still Crashing

Moderator: Carlson Support

Intellicad Still Crashing

Postby jbrun » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:36 am

I'm running Carlson Survey and Civil 2009 on the intellicad engine. I still have problems with it crashing. For instance when I use Edit-Assign polyline elevations to edit the elevations on a 3D polyline and close the menu when I'm done with it it crashes. Also, when I do more than one Design pad template function it seems to lock up. Is there anyone else having problems with this software? I'm beginning to think that it's the computer I 'm using.

Thanks for any feedback!
jbrun

Postby ColC » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

I have been thinking the same. It seems to be a four steps forward and two back with this new version. The difficulty I have found is that it will crash or just lock up in a range of operations. I am unable to find a pattern. I hope the programmers are head down and bums up working to solve the problems
ColC

Maybe a quick fix

Postby jbrun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:25 pm

I just wanted to let you know that after I'm done with the function that I am using and before I go into another function I press the "ESC" button. This for some reason seems to be working so far. Since I've been doing this I have not had the system lock up or crash at all. Give it a try!
jbrun

Postby ColC » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 am

I have just found one function which does hang every time I use it. it is in Survey when I select Visual Cogo it dissapears into a loop and no amount of esc will help. Like a lot of functions, it is not stable when you are in a layout tab model space.
ColC

Intellicad crashes

Postby woody1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:53 pm

I am running this intellicad on a windows vista program and it crashes quite often. Sends me to and intellicad site for a fix, but it's in a different language. Go figure.
woody1

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Hang in there guys we have a update on the horizon that will help with these issues.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

save as: locks my computer up!!!

Postby woody1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Everytime I try to do a "save as" my Carlson program locks up and i end up losing all my work. Beginning to make me very angry.
woody1

apparently the fix didnt work because It still crashes

Postby SurveyOne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:06 pm

I can't count the different ways this Civil/Intellicad crashes....We need a fix asap or I will have to switch to another software provider. I am sure your team is working on this but we need monthly if not weekly updates until these issues are fixed....waiting 6 months for fixes is NOT acceptable to me. So if you have some fixes...release them now. I am sure this is costing you clients.
SurveyOne

Postby ColC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:52 pm

The source of the my most significant locks up has been found. I run PC Tools Internet security and after some valuable advice from the support team (Leonid Entov) I ran the program with the internet disconnected and with the Internet Security Program turned off.

I had been experiencing severe lock ups, as in total lock ups, when the the computer went in standby mode while Carlsons was running. The problem was solved when the IS was turned off. Now I need to find the settings to change in PC TOOL or an Internet security program which does have the problem.

It also found that some operations which previously appeared as total lock ups no longer the problem of the past. When I had completed a function the sliding bar at the bottom right would have gone fully to the right and I would have very limited response. I could often move the mouse zoom, pan etc but not be able to select any functions or close the program down. An apparent similar event occurred whilst carrying out the above test and the screen returned to full function after about two minutes. Two minutes to finish a routine is not good, but it is a vast improvement from the past.

So I suggest any other users having major lock ups, trying running without your Internet security program turned on. (Disconnect the Internet while testing) Good Luck

Thanks again to Support
ColC

Postby ColC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 am

Reduced problems further by un-installing some Logitech Mouse Software and putting an old Microsoft mouse in its place.

Hope this might help others
ColC

Re:

Postby hlb2 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 pm

ColC wrote:I have just found one function which does hang every time I use it. it is in Survey when I select Visual Cogo it dissapears into a loop and no amount of esc will help. Like a lot of functions, it is not stable when you are in a layout tab model space.

Just saw this. Did anyone get a fix for this?
hlb2

Re: Intellicad Still Crashing

Postby 501 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Here's one fix that's help some.

Lock on autocomplete. It is known software issue reproduced for some users. We hope to resolve it in next version but for now you may turn autocomplete off to avoid program locking. Please type AUTOCOMPLETE<Enter>C<Enter>N<Enter><Enter>

I still don't trust 2016 Civil Suite enough to create a project in it. luckily I still have my AutoCad with C&G Survey on it, so that's what I'm using. The sad part is I paid for this software.

Re: Intellicad Still Crashing

Postby 501 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:19 pm

August 2016 update:

Carlson 2017 (Intellicad) isn't any better than the 2016 version. I've had this since January and haven't been able to do one project with it! Anyone find a way to make this program stable?

What sucks is when I ran the Civil 2015 demo they sent me everything worked fine. I wish they would send me a full blown version of the 2015, at least I might be able to use it and not waste my money.

Return to Civil