Installing Carlson Without Affecting Regular AutoCAD

Moderator: Carlson Support

Installing Carlson Without Affecting Regular AutoCAD

Postby NCorette » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello All,

I am a user of AutoCAD Map 3D 2018, and I have recently been tasked with a project that requires capabilities beyond what Map 3D can provide. Our solution to this was for me to install and use Carlson Survey. Upon installing Carlson Survey, I realized that all settings and preferences that I had within AutoCAD were set back to default. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to install Carlson Survey over AutoCAD while still maintaining the original version of AutoCAD and all of the settings/preferences/directories/shortcuts/filepaths, etc. I have tried saving my workspace in AutoCAD, and importing the ARG and CUI files associated with that workspace, but have had little to no success, so I was hoping someone might know of a way to install Carlson without impacting the current AutoCAD installed on my computer. I have tried creating the "Plain Autodesk ..." icon through Carlson, but that just loads the default settings that come with AutoCAD, not my personalized settings and customizations. Let me know if anyone has any ideas to try.

Thanks,

Noah
NCorette

Return to Survey