Text Sizes and STYLE command

Moderator: Carlson Support

Text Sizes and STYLE command

Postby Land Surveyor » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:38 pm

Hello all,
This is my first post. I have been using Carlson for a number of years now, though.

My previous background was in AutoCad. Our company used Leroy sizes for just about all text and I set my desktop up using those, both vertical and slant. I normally used Simplex or, if that wasn't available, Arial, as a base text type.

My problem: Although I can set up text sizes the same way here, I don't know how to make them my default for every new drawing. Also, and most troubling, once I did that in AutoCad, the sizes were the same, no matter the scale of the drawing. LS80 was the same height in each drawing no matter what scale.

I'm using Intellicad. It looks like the old AutoCad I remember ( Land Desktop). Most of the commands seem to be the same as well.

Is there a setting buried somewhere that would allow me to keep my text sizes the same no matter the scale? I can set up the styles with my prototype drawing but I don't know what to do about the size.
Land Surveyor

Re: Text Sizes and STYLE command

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Land Surveyor wrote:Hello all,
This is my first post. I have been using Carlson for a number of years now, though.

Hello!

Land Surveyor wrote:Is there a setting buried somewhere that would allow me to keep my text sizes the same no matter the scale? I can set up the styles with my prototype drawing but I don't know what to do about the size.

Yes, creating the styles, layers, etc. in your default templates is the way to go. Settings | Carlson Configure | Startup Settings is where you can set the default template. The other part... auto text scaling sounds like you were using annotative text styles. Later Intellicad supports annotative text styles. I can't say much about it... I experimented with it for a while but did not like it. I seem to recall Carlson seemed to be defaulting to a scale setup different from how I was thinking about it but it was all new to me and I work primarily in metric drawings.
gskelhorn

Return to General Carlson Discussion